Thursday, October 7, 2010

Home is where the START is.

It's a funny thing that most of us don't think about the first most important aspect of our lives before we begin any personal or professional journey. Yes, it's true that you need to prepare your self financially before you set out to buy a new house, maybe your first house. It's true that you need to save money, check your credit, secure financing, find a Realtor, and get motivated to get out there and work for what you want.

The thing that most people forget is that success in any outside venture really starts inside your home. Where you live now is your home now. When you buy a house, that will be your new home. However, your home now is where you are right now.

I think that making sure things are in order at home is a major step that many of us overlook. If you think about it, I'm sure that when your house is in disorder that you don't feel as sharp or as in focus as when everything is where it should be. Am I right?

I know for a fact that something as simple as making sure my bed is made makes me feel more in focus. I like to be able to look around and see a clean space. That helps me feel more organized and helps me feel like doing more. When my place is cluttered, I feel cluttered. There is a direct relationship there.

Making sure that your place is clean is just part of the equation. The harder, but more meaningful things, are making sure that your home life and relationships are healthy. If you have a significant other living with you and you are having a bad day or you just had an argument or whatever the case may be. I am willing to bet that you are just not as in focus that day as you might be otherwise. Am I right?

I know that we can't avoid having arguments but we can try our best to be the best person that we can be; the best boyfriend or girlfriend, the best husband or wife, the best father or mother, the best brother or sister... I know you understand what I mean.

Just be your best and try each day to be a little better than the day before. You can't go wrong with that attitude.

Does anyone have any experience with this or any thought to share on the topic? Let me know. I'd be very interested to hear about them!

"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around." - Penelope Cruz, Vanilla Sky

Sincerely,

Larry
http://www.homewithconfidence.com

No comments:

Post a Comment