Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Take that First Step

Friends,

You know how people always say getting started is the hardest part? Well, I believe that it is. I feel that 95% of people who fail, fail because they fail to take that first step. It's easy to see why these days too. The economy isn't in the best shape. (I know. Understatement.) But this has happened before and we always persevere and make lemonade out of lemons.

Most people have wonderful grand ideas and really want to improve their situations and quality of life. There is no doubt about this. We are not lazy by nature. I just refuse to believe that. I think we all want to make the most out of life. Most people, that are not home owners, want to be home owners.

The problem is that a lot of people find themselves in a rut, either physically, emotionally, or financially, and find it near impossible to get out. Why is it that they find it near impossible to get out? Have we ever really thought about that question? Why is it that when we are down, it's so hard to get back up?

I think it's because the situation, the personal environment, the news media, acquaintances, etc are all telling people that things are so bad and they just aren't getting any better. Have you turned on the news lately? I haven't. I don't watch the news. I really don't. I don't see much good news on the news. When was the last time the news media told you that you can be a home owner if you want to and you shouldn't let anything stop you from owning your own home? We just don't see it.

Please don't get me wrong, I am not trying to depress you. This is an uplifting message. You see, good news... very good news... happens every single day. People are happy. People are helping people. People are succeeding in what they try to do. People are making a difference in their communities. People are making more out of themselves even in these tough times. People are buying homes every day. People are becoming home owners. A lot of people are starting their journey as first time home buyers.

That type of news doesn't sell very well though. It's unfortunate but true that bad news sells.

I think I might have got a little off topic there but what I'm trying to say is that because of whatever reason, people often beat themselves up mentally and emotionally when times are rough when they should be helping themselves to their feet, patting themselves on the back, and telling themselves "Keep going. You can do it. I believe in you."

Once you take that first step toward your goal, whether it's owning a home or anything else, and make the decision that you will not quit and that you will not give up, you are on your way to making it happen.

I believe that.

Sincerely,

Larry N.
http://www.homewithconfidence.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment